Baby Eclectic

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Let the sinning begin..


Now I'm not an irreverent chap when it comes to truly reverential topics, but I do think I've noticed a small end to innocence after Ruthie's baptism. Instead of an infant's plaintive wails, there's definite anger in some of those cries, and an occasional glare that I recognize as the same one rarely received from her mother.

Nonetheless, the baptism was a great event; expertly handled by Fr. Armando at our church; St. John The Evangelist in Vancouver. Ruthie's paternal grandparents were able to make it across thirteen time zones from the Abu Dhabi to serve as godparents, and the church choir that Ruby and I sing with not only came up with special serenades for the ceremonial dipping, but also joined us for a luncheon afterwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home