Baby Eclectic

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Week One- pin up the growth chart!



And how fast it flew...
I took one week off work to attend to my ladies, but it felt like a weekend. Ruthie quickly showed that her consumptive and digestive tendencies came from the Chan side of the family, as she has a voracious appetite (in her mother's words, "You are an aggressive little sucker!"). Friday's OB appointment was switched to a Day Six mother-baby visit, and at weigh in, Ruthie had already surpassed her birth weight by two ounces. The nurse declared that babies aren't generally expected to regain their birth weight and start making forward progress for two weeks. Well it's a good thing that Ruthie doesn't have any conventional wisdom, because she's sure to defy it! Yes, like all proud papas, I was prepared for my offspring to be above average, but even I am amazed at her intelligence, good looks, and general modesty.

Yes, I also took a bit of time to work on the Karmann Eclectric, and even took it to one show as a work-in-process. As you can see, Ruthie is a big fan and can't wait to take her first ride.

Ruthie's keeping a fairly regular schedule, with a 2 1/2 hour feeding rotation. It's tough on Ruby, but at least she gets to join in the afternoon naps. I'm just trying to keep my head off the table during staff meetings......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home